Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Argument

     I believe that youth football programs are cheating kids in the way they organize their weight class. The reason that I feel this way is due to how they group kids into weight classes and not  into age groups. So if a kid is five or ten pounds over-weight they are being punished by not being allow to play with their own age group. They have to play with the older children because of their weight. By me having children that play this sport, my son has never had a chance to play with his own age group because of his weight.  This is where I feel the unfairness comes in to play because due to the fact they allow the child to gain one pound per week, and by the end of the season the child has gained ten to twelve ponds anyway. In addition, when these kids get to high school there is no weight class so what is the difference between one year in the eighth grade and one year in the ninth grade.

1 comment:

  1. Your point is clearly stated. I can identify two reasons that you feel this way. Several sentences are devoted to the first supporting detail, which is, that students never get to play with their peers if they are separated by weight instead of age. Your argument raises a good point.

    ReplyDelete